Joined: 31 Jan 2005
|Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:29 pm Post subject: Requirements for on-line offers
|As indicated in class, you will need to know this for test #2:
At a minimum: online offer should include the following provisions:
1. A provision specifying the remedies available to the buyer if the goods are found to be defective or if the contract is otherwise breached. Any limitation of remedies should be clearly spelled out.
2. A clause that clearly indicates what constitutes the buyer's agreement to the terms of the offer.
3. A provision specifying how payment for the goods and of any applicable taxes must be made.
4. A statement of the seller's refund and return policies.
5. Disclaimers of liability for certain uses of the goods. For example, an online seller of business forms may add a disclaimer that the seller docs not accept responsibility for the buyer's reliance on the forms rather than on an attorney's advice.
6. A statement indicating how the seller will use the information gathered about the buyer.
7. Provisions relating to dispute settlement, such as an arbitration clause or a forum-selection clause.